Keurig K55 is popularly known as Keurig Classic. It is one of the best single-serving coffee makers in the market. Here is a detailed Keurig K Classic review for you.
This behemoth of a coffee maker from Keurig helps you brew coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or iced beverage and that too under one minute! It has a variety of cup sizes – 3 to be precise and gives you a cuppa with just a push of a button.
In the detailed Keurig K Classic review , we will cover its features, advantages, and drawbacks.
As we mentioned earlier, Keurig K Classic is not just meant for coffee. You can use it to make tea and hot cocoa as well. If you want, you can use it for iced beverages too.
3 Cup sizes
This coffee maker by Keurig offers you the option of making coffee in multiple sizes. You can brew various k-cup pod sizes like 6, 8, and 10-ounce cups of coffee, whatever suits you right.
Travel Mug capable
In a hurry, when you want to store coffee and drink it on your way, you can use travel mugs. Keurig K Classic is capable of taking a 7″ tall cup and filling it up, so you can have coffee to go.
You can have coffee in hand in under a minute with Keurig K Classic. Just press the button and get your coffee.
It has a 48-ounce large water reservoir. You can make 6-8 cups of coffee in a single go. And you will have 6+ cups before needing to refill. Saves your time. Plus, the water reservoir is removable, so you can refill anytime you want.
The auto off feature in your coffee maker saves energy. If your coffee maker is idle for more than 2 hours, it will turn off automatically.
Easy User Interface
There is no high-end display screen, just a few buttons. It is easy to operate because of a minimal button panel.
Keurig K Classic – Pros & Cons
- It can accommodate multiple k-cup pod sizes.
- It can accommodate a 7″ tall travel mug
- It saves energy with auto-off feature
- It has a huge water reservoir
- The removable water reservoir is easy to clean and helps with descaling.
- Clean easily. Just remove the drip tray and drain it regularly, and descale the machine.
- Simple button control makes an easy user interface.
- It is large and clunky, occupied much of the counter space. Keurig K Classic stands 13.3″ tall and takes up just under one square foot of counter space
- It’s simple button design does not have a “Strong” mode. You can’t make concentrated beverages in this coffee maker.
- The coffee maker comes in only two colors- Rhubarb and Black. Easy on the eyes, but not an attractive or sleek machine to flaunt in the kitchen.
- It makes a weird humming noise while making the coffee. While most Coffee makers make noises, it is a bit noisier than the rest.
- Plug the coffee maker to the power source
- Open the reservoir and “Max Fill” it.
- Close the reservoir and click the power button, you will see a green light.
- Let the water heat for four minutes, and then the coffee maker is ready to brew.
- You can add your cup and take your fill, 6-10 ounces, or fill your travel mug.
Usage Problems faced by users
Users mostly face the problem of calcium lining their reservoir. You can do descaling, and here is how to do it.
- Fill up the water reservoir till 2 inches, and shake it up and throw away the water.
- Turn off the power button
- Add an entire bottle of Keurig® Descaling Solution into an emptied water reservoir
- Then fill the empty bottle with water.
- After making the solution, pour it into the water reservoir.
- Turn the power on
- Then place a mug on the drip tray and run a rinsing brew
- Repeat the process of rinsing
- Let the reservoir stand still for 30 minutes with the solution in it, then wash it off with water.
Customer Ratings on Amazon
Keurig K Classic is rated 4. 3 out of 5 based on quality on Amazon. And customers gave it an average of 4.7 out of 5 for being easy to use.
But many of them complained about the pump, which stopped working after mere weeks of use. You can replace it; if that’s the case, the company will surely accommodate you.
If Keurig K Classic does not work for you, then Keurig Duo plus is the best alternative. It has a 60 ounces large reservoir and offers four k-cup pod sizes till 12 oz.
FAQs – The Keurig K Classic
Does the coffee maker come with filler?
Yes, it comes with a filler.
How tall is the coffee maker?
The Keurig Classic is around 13.3″ tall and it takes a lot of space.
Can you use other pods in the coffee maker?
Yes, you can use refillable pods of other brands in Keurig K Classic.
With this Keurig K Classic review we have spoken about how it is a beautiful and essential addition to your kitchen counter.
It adds a necessary aesthetic and does the job well. It isn’t on the much larger side, but it’s a perfect fit with a large reservoir of 48 ounces. You can easily have six large cups of coffee.
Also, it helps you make a variety of beverages. It ticks all the boxes – medium size, durability, looks, easy to use, a large reservoir, multiple coffee pods. Keurig K Classic fits the brief of a perfect family coffee maker.