The Tassimo coffee machine is a great little appliance that mixes up coffee, hot chocolate, or tea in just two minutes.
It’s all too easy to push the button and leave it to do its job. At the end of the day, you may come home to a hot cup of your favorite drink but you may also notice there is a strange taste to it that wasn’t there before, or perhaps that it goes cold very quickly.
This is because a Tassimo coffee machine can't operate efficiently without descaling.
Descaling a Tassimo Coffee Machine is easy to do and just involves two simple steps: using a descaler solution and re-running one or more rinses with just water as explained below.
You should descale your Tassimo Coffee Machine about every two months or so to maintain its great taste and performance.
In this Article
Let’s learn how to descale Bosch Tassimo Coffee Machine.
There are 2 methods of cleaning. One is quick and easy, the other takes a little longer i.e 20 to 30 minutes.
Don’t worry; both cleaning methods are really easy to follow at your home.
Method 1 (Easiest and Takes 2-3 Minutes)
- First, make sure you fill your Tassimo water tank by at least 50% or more.
- Remove the cleaning T disk from your machine. It is usually located at the lower back of your machine just below the water tank. This location may depend on your model.
- Open the front lid of your Machine( brew head) and place the yellowish cleaning disk inside your machine and close the front lid.
The machine automatically understands that the disk you placed is a cleaning disk and not a coffee disk due to its bar code on the backside of this disk. Now, your machine starts the cleaning process.
- To make the coffee flow more quickly into your cup, put a mug or glass beneath the coffee dispenser.
- It is now time to press the big start button on the right side of this mug. Press the button and wait for 2-3 minutes. The machine will clean and descale itself during that time.
- After you have started the process, you will see the water coming out of the outlet. The machine is dirty. The machine will be yellow or darker in color. That means it has already cleaned its internal parts.
- When this cleaning process is finished, you will see water steam coming out of the outlet and the whole descaling procedure is completed.
You’ll see the “Ready” light flashing when your machine is ready to brew a clean cup of coffee for you.
- As a result, discard the dirty water stored in the coffee mug or cup. Remove the washing machine’s lid to locate the cleaning disk at the back of your machine where it was originally located.
- That’s it. This is the easiest, cheapest, fast way to clean.
Note: Do it at least once or twice a week to keep your machine clean internally. It is important to brew the cleanest and bacteria-free coffee for yourself and for others too.
Method 2: (Most Recommended and Takes About 20-30 Minutes)
The process we use to clean the Tassimo is pretty thorough. It takes into account all the parts of the machine and even includes descaling.
This method is also called a complete descaling of your coffee brewer.
Coffee makers need to be cleaned regularly, usually every 2-3 months, depending on how often they are used and how thoroughly you drink coffee.
This is the more advanced version of Method 1. It can take up to 20 minutes to finish a cleaning process, but it’s worth it. It is more thorough and includes all the parts of your machine, not just the brewing unit.
We recommend treating your coffee maker to a full cleaning every 6 months, it will leave your Tassimo working like new.
The Tassimo coffee machine has dishwasher safe parts so you can wash them with the help of your household dishwasher.
The only exceptions to this are the water tank and filter cartridge holder. You will need to rinse and clean them with your hands and only with clean water.
This complete descaling method can be used on almost all the newer and older versions of Tassimo coffee machines.
The process is as follows:
What You Will Need:
- A Glass Measuring Cup
- Microfiber Cloth
- Tassimo Descaling Tablets
- The first step to getting your Tassimo machine working again is to remove the water tank located at the back. Fill your water tank with a 500 ml (17 oz) or more amount of water.
- Now it is time to extract two mineral discarding tablets from the package and set them inside the water container.
The advantage of using Tassimo descaling tablets is their ability to eliminate limescale residue and prevent forming of calcium deposits inside your coffee machine. Regular machine cleaning can extend the life of your machine and make it more durable. Only 2 tablets per treatment are sufficient.
- First, put a tablet in the water and wait 20 minutes. Then, remove the service T disc from the back of your coffee machine. It is usually located at the bottom of the machine. Place it inside the front brew head and close it properly.
- Before you start cleaning, make sure the water tank is placed on the back of the machine.
- 5.Take the stand out from under the coffee dispenser. Fill the measuring cup with water and place it in its rightful spot.
- It will take a while to complete the descaling process. You’ll need to press the start button for at least 5 seconds before it starts.
- The vacuum will start work after it’s been on for 5 seconds. The machine will finish in 20-30 minutes.
When you see the Orange light is ON, that’s when it’s time for the machine to clean.
- Remove the dirty and unclean water from the measuring cup. Throw the water in your sink.
- After you’re done with this process, you can take out the water tank and rinse it. After that, clean it with water.
Fill the water tank with clean water again and place it in its original position.
- The service disk is needed to repair the system. Open the front cover or shut off the brew head while you clean the paper disk and then close it again once the task is accomplished.
- Now, we have to clean the machine properly and thoroughly.
It’s important to clean your appliances before you cook because it ensures you don’t have any dirt or residue.
- Put the empty glass measuring cup on the cup stand again. Press start again and the second cleaning process will begin.
- Once the cleaning process is finished, empty the measuring cup and throw away any remaining dirty water.
In total, you will need to repeat this 4 more times.
- When you’re done with the second phase of the cleaning, remove the cleaning service disc by opening the front lid and put it on where it was originally located.
- There’s always the last step in cleaning, and the final step is to wash your T Disc Holder or Filter Cartridge Holder and piercer outlet. These parts are detachable and easily washable with clear water.
- As mentioned, you can’t wash these parts in the dishwasher because they can damage the material. We recommend washing the water tank and parts that come into contact with hot water, as well as the tap, with your hands.
- Clean these parts properly with water and return them to their original positions.
- You can use a microfiber cloth to clean the barcode reader situated on the brew head or front lid of your espresso machine. To minimize coffee maker’s misinterpretation of bar code, this is important.
- And that’s it, guys. This is how you can thoroughly clean and properly descale your Tassimo coffee machine in under 20 minutes.
How to Take Apart Bosch Tassimo Machine For Cleaning?
There are only a few parts you have to remove when you perform a thorough cleaning of the Tassimo machine.
It’s actually quite easy to take them apart.
- Drip Catch: The drip catch is the removable lid at the front of your coffee machine that catches the drips that get into the hot water tank while brewing coffee. It is very easy to remove as you can simply lift it up by grabbing it on one of its sides.
- Filter Cartridge Holder: This is a small metal plate just beneath the drip catch where a filter cartridge is placed.
It is one of the most important parts of the machine with respect to coffee filtration. To remove this metal plate, you will need to remove the plastic plate first which is located in front of it.
This plastic plate has a small notch in its center that can be removed with your hands. Grab it while pulling it up and you can then take off the metal plate without any trouble.
- Water Tank: The water tank is just below the filter cartridge holder. You can remove it by taking out the top plastic lid of the tank.
Just like the filter cartridge holder, there is a small notch on its side that you need to pull out, and then you can comfortably take off this water tank.
- T Disc Holder: This metal plate is located on the back of your coffee maker machine and it has two holes on each side where you can insert a T disc or capsule in order to brew coffee.
You can remove it by taking out the plastic cover on the backside. You will need to push it so you can take out the top cover. You will have to pull out this metal plate gently and put it aside so you can see three holes on each side of this disc holder.
- Coffee Pod Holder / Cartridge Holder: This is a round metal plate or holder that is located next to the T disc holder and is slightly above it. It has two holes on each side as well in order to push the coffee pod into them for brewing.
And much like the T disc holder, you will have to take out the plastic cover on its backside and then pull out this round cartridge holder by pulling it gently.
Cleaning and descaling your machine on a regular basis is really important in order to keep it functioning for a longer period of time.
It also prevents forming of calcium deposits and limescale residues.
Therefore, We suggest you follow the above-mentioned cleaning and descaling methods whenever you feel it necessary.
If you keep your machine clean and well-maintained, you can use it for a longer period of time with no problem.
Thank you for reading this post!