Nespresso machines are designed for hot coffee, which is why a lot of people assume that you can't make iced coffee with them.
But we’re here to say that’s not the case!
There are two ways you can make iced coffee using a Nespresso machine.
- First, you can brew your favourite ground coffee and add cold milk.
- Second, you can use espresso pods (although this will be the most expensive option).
Here's how to get the most out of your expensive coffee maker and what you'll need to know for it to function optimally.
In this Article
What is a Nespresso Iced tea?
Nespresso iced coffee is, in short, a cup of iced coffee made with a Nespresso machine. It’s also called “Nescafe au Lait,” which sounds like – coffee with milk.
You brew your favourite ground coffee into the Nespresso machine (you can add your milk or cream at this point). It is brewed hot or cold and with pods that are compatible with the machines.
The difference between a regular iced coffee and an iced coffee made with Nespresso is that the latter is much more concentrated and comes out tasting pretty bitter.
You're probably better off using milk or cream to balance out the taste.
How to Brew the perfect Iced Coffee In a Nespresso Machine
You can make iced coffee in a Nespresso machine, but the process might be slightly more involved than it is for a regular cup of joe.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Two capsules of Gourmesso coffee
- 150 ml of cold milk
- Chocolate shavings for taste.
- Aeroccino milk frother
You can put other extras that you like, like sugar, cinnamon, or caramel syrup.
Steps to make the coffee
- Step #1: Insert the capsule to brew your Nespresso coffee.
- Step #2: Press the espresso button to brew the coffee. It should be about 80ml.
- Step #3: Pour the brewed coffee into a tall glass with crushed ice or ice cubes.
- Step #4: Use whole milk and prepare it in the steam nozzle of your Nespresso machine. Add chilled milk (150ml) from the steam nozzle in your cappuccino cup and top with cold milk foam and chocolate shavings.
- Step #5: Serve and Enjoy!
What more iced coffee recipes can we make using the Nespresso machine?
It's not just the iced tea that you can make with your Nespresso machine. There are other recipes that you can make with it like
- Mocha frappe is a combination of chilled milk, chocolate, and coffee if you want to add a little more punch to their iced coffees.
- Chocolate drinks- You can create your own mochas (those with chocolate) by using ground coffee, hot water, and some cocoa powder.
- Other iced coffee drinks like iced latte, iced cappuccino, iced frappe, spice iced coffee, and Nespresso on ice.
- Tea- You can use your Nespresso machine for brewing different kinds of teas like green, white, black, herbal, and fruit teas.
Your Nespresso machine can make you the best-iced coffee. It is just like using any other appliance like a coffee maker or blender, and it's even relatively easy to operate.
With a Nespresso machine, you can have your delicious iced coffees in less than 10 minutes. Don’t forget to use milk or cream with your iced coffee when brewing, and you’ll have an excellent drink every time!