I Love my strong dark roast double shot of espresso. But can I get the same strong high caffeine shot from my Keurig at home? The answer is a resounding “yes”. Yes there are high caffeine K cups for the Keurig.
They may not give you the satisfaction of drinking a Barista brewed double espresso shot. But they certainly pack a punch when it comes to caffeine and they do not taste bad at all.
Below is our top 10 list of the strongest K Cups for Keurig with the highest caffeine content.
The list includes both single serving K Cups and a selection of K Cups that are made to brew 12 or more cups at a time. The caffeine levels in some K Cups are very high so be careful when you use them.
The minimum caffeine level for the strongest K cups is approximately 24 milligrams per ounce (mg/oz).
Most of the strongest K cups have caffeine levels well over 40 mg/oz. You may wish to read up on how to brew a strong cup of coffee before brewing these strong coffee brews.
We didn't include the most popular brands of K Cup such as Nescafe, Gloria Jean's and Maxwell House as these have average caffeine contents which aren't higher than those of other brands.
Read along for more information on the top 10 strongest K Cups and how to brew the strongest coffee from K Cups.
In this Article
- 1. Death Wish Coffee Co. – Not for the Faint Hearted
- 2. Wake The Hell Up Coffee, Ultra-Caffeinated Extreme Energy Coffee
- 3. Black Rifle Coffee Rounds (CAF (Medium, 2x Caffeine))
- 4. Banned Coffee World’s Strongest Coffee
- 5. Glorybrew – The Noble – Extra Dark Roast K Cups
- 6. Hardcore Coffee Strong High Caffeine Cup Coffee
- 7. Napalm Coffee Extra Dark Roast K Cups
- 8. Glorybrew – The Knight – Dark Roast
- 9. illy K cup Pods Forte
- 10. Beaniac Organic Full On French Roast K Cups
- Quick Tips To Getting The Strongest Coffee From K-Cups
- Strongest High Caffeine K Cup FAQs
1. Death Wish Coffee Co. – Not for the Faint Hearted
- WORLD’S STRONGEST COFFEE: Our whole coffee beans will transform your basic cup of joe into a delicious, bold, and intense beverage that will revolutionize your morning.
- QUALITY BREW: Hands down, the best whole coffee beans in the world. One sip of our best-selling coffee will have you saying goodbye to store-bought forever.
- BOLD FLAVOR: Immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle, never bitter cherry and chocolate flavor profile.
- FAIR AND ORGANIC: Every 16 oz. bag of Death Wish Coffee is filled to the top with whole Coffee beans that are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic, giving you a natural caffeine boost you can be proud to support.
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Death Wish Coffee comes highly rated by thousands of satisfied customers who can't get enough of our whole coffee beans.
Death Wish Coffee is roasted in Rochester, NY. Their motto is “World’s Strongest Coffee”.
Death Wish Coffee has one of the highest caffeine content of all the K Cups available. The coffee itself is a very dark roast and will surely wake you up if you have trouble waking up in the morning.
The coffee is fairly smooth with a strong earthy flavour.
The package says this about its strength “Death Wish Coffee has been tested and proven to be the strongest coffee in the world”.
2. Wake The Hell Up Coffee, Ultra-Caffeinated Extreme Energy Coffee
- ULTRA-CAFFEINATED: Wake The Hell Up! provides an extra boost for the longer days, more intensive workload and the general increase in focus you need.
- WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL: Enjoy every flavor that we offer in one giant pack! Six different flavors for you to try and find your favorite.
- POD INFO: Each cup contains 10.5 grams of fresh medium-dark roasted coffee with just the right amount of caffeine.
- OUR PROCESS: Roasted in small batches to ensure you get the freshest coffee that money can buy. We are an integral part of the entire roasting process.
- OUR GUARANTEE: 100% guaranteed. If you don't love our coffee, we'll make it right.
- GUILT-FREE: We are proud to only offer gluten, allergen and calorie FREE coffee so you can indulge in the flavors of this variety pack, guilt-free.
Wake The Hell Up Coffee is made in the USA and has around 300mg of caffeine per serving. This is enough caffeine for a maximum strength double espresso shot.
This coffee is made with Colombia Supremo beans and roasted to order by the company to ensure freshness.
It comes in various pack sizes ranging from 3 to 24 cups. The coffee itself tastes strong but not bitter, with a lingering aftertaste.
Wake The Hell Up Coffee is a good choice for those who need the highest caffeine content K cups. A strong dark roast that will definitely wake you up.
3. Black Rifle Coffee Rounds (CAF (Medium, 2x Caffeine))
- ABOUT THIS BLEND: This box contains an k cup variety pack of BRCC Coffee Rounds from varying flavor profiles.
- WORLDS BEST SINGLE SERVE COFFEE: It doesn’t matter if you are looking for variety packs or French roast coffee in bulk, BRCC Coffee Rounds offer assorted roasts that are compatible with all K Cup Variety Brewers to meet all of your coffee loving needs.
- VARIETY OF ROASTS FOR EVERY COFFEE LOVER: You need the freshest and strongest (or smoothest) coffee around.
- BOLD FLAVOR MEETS AMERICAN CONVENIENCE: Black Rifle Coffee Rounds are the perfect way to conveniently get your single serve coffee fix. Our bold flavors include dark roast cups, light roast cups, and everything in-between.
Black Rifle Coffee rounds are made in the USA and have 250mg of caffeine per serving. This is a medium strength coffee that will wake you up from any deep slumber.
The coffee itself tastes bold and earthy similar to a dark roast, but not bitter.
Black Rifle Coffee Rounds are a good choice for those looking for a medium-strength K cup with the highest caffeine content.
4. Banned Coffee World’s Strongest Coffee
- Great Taste And Aroma - You will want to get out of bed just for the smell of this perfect medium/dark roast gourmet coffee.
- Strong And Smooth Clean Taste - Delicious bold flavor but never bitter with low acidity. Cupping Notes: Heavy Body, Smooth, Bold but never Bitter, Bright with a long finish and a notes of Berries and chocolate.
- Natural Source Of Vitamins, Minerals And Anti-Oxidants - Our House Blend uses the strongest most delicious selections of fresh Arabica and Robusta Coffee Beans.
- Easy to Order - Just push the yellow button to order your fresh coffee online. It will be delivered to your door for your morning coffee.
Banned Coffee is made in the USA and has around 240mg per serving. It comes in a regular size package that can brew up to 16 cups of coffee.
The coffee itself tastes earthy with a strong aftertaste similar to a bold dark roast, but not bitter. The beans used are Arabica beans grown in Colombia's Medellin region by Gildemeester Coffee Traders.
Banned Coffee is a good choice for those looking for a high caffeine content K cup with a medium-strength.
5. Glorybrew – The Noble – Extra Dark Roast K Cups
- 100 PERCENT COMPOSTABLE** K CUPS alternative – Made entirely from bio-based materials – more eco-friendly than other plastic recyclable coffee pods and biodegradable K Cups
- RAINFOREST ALLIANCE CERTIFIED – guarantees sustainably grown and sourced beans without any additives or preservatives
- BPI CERTIFIED – The Biodegradable Products Institute ensures that our pods meet the ASTM D6400 or D6868 standards / specifications required to be compostable.
- FULL COMPATIBILITY – Works in single serve brewers / Keurig machines* that accept K-Cup pods*, including 2.0
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We guarantee a product with superior taste over common plastic coffee pods for Keurig machines* and promise to go above and beyond to make you a 100% satisfied.
Glorybrew – The Noble Coffee is made in the USA and has 220mg of caffeine per serving. This is a dark strong roast coffee with a smooth taste and a lingering aftertaste.
Glorybrew – The Noble is a good choice for those looking for a dark roast K cup with the highest caffeine content.
6. Hardcore Coffee Strong High Caffeine Cup Coffee
- Are you hardcore? Hardcore Coffee Selects only premium USDA Organic coffee beans and we carefully dark roast the beans to extract a bold and delicious taste profile you will enjoy.
- Strong organic coffee: Our organic coffee beans are kosher certified and roasted in a certified safe quality food plant.
- Caution: work hard and play hard with the world's most intense coffee. Hardcore Coffee has double the caffeine of your average coffee.
Hardcore Coffee is made in the USA and has 200mg of caffeine per serving. This is a medium strength dark roast coffee with a smooth taste and a lingering aftertaste.
The beans used are Arabica beans grown in Ethiopia's Yirgacheffe region by Hellenic Coffee Traders.
Hardcore Coffee is a good choice for those looking for a dark roast K cup with medium-strength caffeine content.
7. Napalm Coffee Extra Dark Roast K Cups
- YOU'LL LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM COFFEE IN THE MORNING
- Extra Dark. Extra Bold. Extra Strong. As you lay there face down in a puddle of mud it will pick you up, dust you off and send you on your way
- 100 percent Arabica Coffee - Our Premium beans are carefully hand-selected and perfectly roasted, ensuring you a consistently dark, full-bodied mugful of caffeinated goodness
- Compatible with ALL Keurig K-Cup Brewers, including Keurig 2.0
- Small-batch roasted in the USA
Napalm Coffee is made in the USA and has 200mg of caffeine per serving. This is a medium strength dark roast coffee with a smooth taste and aftertaste.
The beans used are Arabica beans grown in Ethiopia's Yirgacheffe region by Hellenic Coffee Traders.
Napalm Coffee Extra Dark Roast is a good choice for those looking for darker roast K cups with medium-strength caffeine content.
8. Glorybrew – The Knight – Dark Roast
- 100 PERCENT COMPOSTABLE K CUPS alternative - Made entirely from bio-based materials - more eco-friendly than other plastic recyclable coffee pods and biodegradable K Cups
- RAINFOREST ALLIANCE CERTIFIED - guarantees sustainably grown and sourced beans without any additives or preservatives
- BPI CERTIFIED - the Purpod100TM means that no petroleum-based plastics are used in our GLORYBREW compostable K-cups alternatives
- FULL COMPATIBILITY - Works in single serve brewers / Keurig machines* that accept K-Cup pods*, including 2.0
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - We guarantee a product with superior taste over common plastic coffee pods for Keurig machines and promise to go above and beyond to make you a 100% satisfied.
Glorybrew – The Knight Coffee is made in the USA and has 175mg of caffeine per serving. This a medium strength coffee that will wake you up from any deep slumber.
Glorybrew – The Knight is a good choice for those looking for darker roast K cups with medium-strength caffeine content.
9. illy K cup Pods Forte
- Discover the beautiful taste of the legendary illy blend in a convenient K-Cup Pod for easy brewing. This variety pack offers a sampling of all four illy blend K-Cup pods.
- Classico Medium Roast - Classico medium roast coffee features a rich and balanced taste with notes of caramel and chocolate.
- Intenso Dark Roast - Intenso, Dark Roast is intense, robust and full flavored with notes of deep cocoa.
- Forte Extra Dark Roast coffee features a beautifully enduring richness with notes of dark chocolate and an intense aroma of toasted bread
- Decaffeinated Classico Medium Roast features the rich and balanced taste of Classico coffee with notes of caramel and chocolate and less than 0.1% caffeine.
- Now enjoy the extraordinary taste of illy in the convenient format of a single-serve pod designed for use in all Keurig K-Cup brewers.
Illy Coffee is made in Italy and has 150mg/serving of caffeine. This K cup has a strong taste that is very smooth with a long-lasting aftertaste.
The beans used are Arabica coffee beans from Costa Rica, which are roasted by Illy Coffee Traders. It comes in 12oz size bags which can brew up to 22 cups of coffee.
illy K cup Pods Forte is a good choice for those looking for something different in their coffee cup tastes.
10. Beaniac Organic Full On French Roast K Cups
- 100% Organic and Rainforest Alliance Certified Arabica coffee
- Compatible with Keurig 2. 0 brewers and other K-Cup Brewing systems
- Commercially compostable; BPI-certified, 100% compostable coffee pods
- Dark Roast coffee with premium quality, taste and aroma
- 100% compostable single serve coffee Pods
Beaniac Coffee is made in the USA and has 150mg of caffeine per serving. This is an extra dark roast coffee with a smooth taste and a short aftertaste.
The beans used are Arabica coffee beans from Columbia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Sumatra.
Beaniac Organic Full On French Roast K Cups are a good choice for those looking for an organic K cup with medium-strength caffeine content.
Quick Tips To Getting The Strongest Coffee From K-Cups
Now that you have selected the Strongest K Cup Coffee. How to brew it correctly to get the most out of it.
Adjust Temperature To Highest On Your Keurig
The temperature controls on your coffee maker are there for a reason; it is to keep your coffee at the right temperature to brew it at the right strength.
Many people put their K cups on at too low of a temperature which will prevent you from getting the most out of your K cup. So be sure to adjust the settings to the highest one possible.
Adjust Water Level To Full
Water doesn’t have much of an impact in brewing coffee, but it does make a difference. For the most even coffee strength, you will want to have the maximum amount of water in your K cup.
A good way to do this is to measure the water for an 8oz cup and then fill it up the rest of the way with additional water.
Preheat The Keurig
You may already do this, but preheating your coffee maker will help ensure that the temperature is hot enough for your K cup.
This will help you get the most out of your K Cup and also prevent your drink from getting too cold, which will ruin it.
Strongest High Caffeine K Cup FAQs
How much caffeine is in a Death Wish K cup?
The Death Wish line of K cups is marketed as being strong with a maximum amount of caffeine, but it’s still not as much as the most caffeinated on our list.
The Death Wish has 450mg of caffeine per serving, which is the equivalent to two normal K cups. The average number for K cups in general is between 150 and 200mg in a serving.
You may now know the most popular brands on the market and what their caffeine content is.
Never be afraid to use a K cup for an extra-strength coffee, but adjust your taste expectations accordingly.
What is your favourite let me know in the comments below.
Now Go Drink You Cuppa!