Have you ever wondered why your coffee machine leaks water or coffee? Do you ever wonder why your Bunn coffee maker overflows and how to fix it at home?
We are sure this incident must have happened to you after purchasing this coffee machine. If you are currently facing this dilemma, then don’t panic.
In this article, we are going to share the reasons why your Bunn Coffee maker overflows, some quick fixes, and few easy tricks that will help you avoid this problem happening in the future.
First, let’s take a look at why your coffee machine overflows. You’ll find many reasons listed in this blog post, but there are three main reasons that we want to highlight:
Main Reasons Why My Bunn Coffee Maker Overflows
Reason 1: Wrong water level
The water level can affect the functioning of your coffee machine. If the water level is low, then it will not be able to function properly and it resulting in an overflow. You need to ensure that it has enough water for a normal brewing cycle.
Reason 2: Not enough grinder settings
Some grinders fail to adjust the variety of coffees available in the market. Hence, it might overflow if you have poured more than what the grinder supports. If you have used the same coffee beans for a while, then it is possible that it has lost its flavor and doesn’t work well any longer.
Reason 3: Poorly leveled machine
Overflowing is also one of the issues that can arise due to the poor leveling of your machine. The coffee ground must be leveled to prevent water from leaking on the floor or base of your machine.
Reason 4: Overfilled basket
Filling the coffee ground too much is also one of the reasons why your coffee machine overflows. If you do not fill it enough, then your filter basket will not make a proper seal and it will lead to an overflowing issue.
How To Prevent Bunn Coffee Maker to Overflow?
There are plenty of reasons for your Bunn coffee maker to overflow. Below, we have listed few ways to avoid this issue from happening:
- Ensure you are using the right water volume. Follow the proper water level according to the instructions on your coffee machine. If you are not sure about it, then check with an expert or a service center to understand the proper recommended amount of water needed for your coffee machine.
- Bury your grinder a little bit cleaner to prevent clogging of the filter basket. Clean and soot-free coffee ground is vital for the optimal performance of any grinder.
- Stop using the old coffee grounds as they may be the culprit. Old coffee grounds can result in clogs and leaks. You should use fresh coffee beans to solve the leaking issues related to the recent use of old coffee grounds. If you have recently changed your grinder setting, then you might not be able to grind the new variety of coffee beans. In that case, you need to turn it off and clean it before starting again.
- Level off that coffee ground. Your coffee machine will have a drip tray underneath the machine where the ground is flipped and drained. Ensure that they are leveled in a way so that you can get the best output with less mess.
- Use clean water to prevent overflow. Use clean water without any debris or deposits in it to avoid overflowing issues. You must also use filtered water if your machine has an option for using filtered water exclusively.
Quick methods to fix your overflowing coffee maker
The following are some convenient methods you can use to fix your Bunn coffee maker overflow issue:
Method 1: Adjust Brew Volume to Specific Level
To fix this issue, you need to make use of the brew volume control knob. This control allows you to set the amount of coffee that you want in the carafe.
If you adjust the brewing volume level a little more than the capacity, then it is going to overflow. So, you should always check the brew volume and set it as per the specified limit to avoid any overflow.
Method 2: Remove Left Over Coffee from the Pot
To remove leftover coffee, pour through filter to discard any espresso residue. Another approach to stop an overflowing coffee pot is to remove the coffee left in the pot with a spoon.
It is quite obvious that these little leftover drops are not going to settle down and remain inside the carafe. Therefore, remove them immediately.
Method 3: Avoid bad store filters and start using good bunn filters
Now, how can you make sure that your carafe doesn’t overflow? First of all, throw out the cheap store filters and switch to Bunn coffee filters. Bunn coffee filters are quite efficient at retaining tiny particles.
Method 4: Resealing the Leaky Gasket and Cap
Check if there is any leakage happening at the carafe’s gasket and cap side. If you find it leaking, then you need to reseal it. Use a small amount of silicone around the rim to do so.
Method 5: Using a Permanent Marker to Prevent Overflow
You can also mark the coffee level of the carafe and set it to only pour up to that level. This will help you achieve the level of coffee that is ideal for your brewing process.
Method 6: Cleaning the Carafe
To clean the carafe, use a soft cloth to wipe off all the spills and particles on it. It is important that you clean it thoroughly as the sediment on its rim will cause an overflowing issue.
Thanks for reading this post. We hope that it will help you to tackle this problem in your home. Let us know if you have any other tips or tricks that you would like to share with us.