Fret no more! We will learn to make a drink that is very similar to the authentic espresso using the Aeropress.
The result is a concentrated brew of great coffee that you can use in place of espresso shots in any recipe that requires them.
There are many possible outcomes, but they all follow the same basic procedure, which we will explore. Read on to learn how to make a drink similar to espresso with an Aeropress!
The Aeropress is a brewing method that extracts flavour from coffee while retaining the body of the coffee.
You can make more than one espresso with it; you can also make flat white and Americano, which is very similar to an espresso.
It is different from the french press because it can filter out more of the oils from the coffee grinds.
In this Article
- Things we will need to make Aeropress espresso recipe
- Pro tips:
- Does AeroPress make espresso or filter?
- Does AeroPress taste like espresso?
- How strong is AeroPress espresso?
- AeroPress can be used to make other beverages that require Espresso shots?
- How much coffee do you use for 1 cup AeroPress?
- Why is AeroPress coffee so good?
- Does AeroPress make strong coffee?
- Is an AeroPress worth it?
- Wrapping up
Things we will need to make Aeropress espresso recipe
- Espresso roast coffee beans
- Burr grinder/coffee grinder
- Aeropress paper filter
- Electric Teapot
- Coffee tamper
Now that you have collected the required tools to make espresso let’s begin!
An espresso requires at least 9 bars of pressure to reach the perfect extraction level.
As our bare hands cannot extract that much pressure with our Aeropress, we will extract super concentrated coffee that is similar to espresso.
- Step 1: Heat water in the electric teapot. Boil the water up to 200 to 205F. Do not exceed 205F, or you will burn the coffee, and it will taste not very pleasant. The electric teapot lets you control the water temperature.
- Step 2: Grind the espresso beans to a fine grind or a medium grind using the burr grinder or any coffee grinder. Fine grounds are recommended as they are less likely to clog the filter.
- Step 3: Place the paper filter in the Aeropress basket and pull it up to fit the holes. Metal filters are not recommended as the grounds can get trapped in the gaps of the metal filter. Wet the filter with warm water.
- Step 4: Pour the coffee grounds into the filter. Tamp the coffee down firmly into the filter by pressing it between your finger and thumb.
- Step 5: Place the Aeropress on your mug. Pour the hot water through the Aeropress and filter. Leave for a few seconds until the paper filter is completely saturated.
- Step 6: Insert the Aeropress plunger and gently press it entirely to the bottom.
- Step 7: Pour the coffee into your mug. The drink is now ready to serve!
If you wish to make a more potent drink, you can pour the brewed coffee back into the Aeropress and repeat Step 5 several times until the desired strength is reached.
Rinse the Aeropress coffee maker after each use to remove any coffee residue.
To brew espresso-style coffee, the fellow prismo Aeropress attachment is a replacement for the filter cap of the Aeropress.
It creates a pressure system that will brew a much stronger, concentrated coffee. It allows a build-up of high pressure, which will force the liquid through the pressurized filter.
To make a drink similar to a latte, add 2-3 tablespoons of milk into the mug.
- Try making Aeropress espresso with different types of roasts. Darker roasts will give the drink a more decadent taste!
- Try pouring back the brewed coffee into the Aeropress for a more robust concentration!
- Try stepping different mixtures of black, white, or specialty beans!
- After the Aeropress has finished brewing; you can store your brewed coffee in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- The Aeropress also works well as a hot water dispenser for iced coffees and teas! It saves you from having to use a thermos flask or a pour-over cone for your cold beverages.
Does AeroPress make espresso or filter?
AeroPress will not make espresso and filter in an effective way. Moreover, it is important to know that you will not make espresso with Aeropress because AeroPress is a single-cup brewing system, which means that single-cup brewing systems are typically only used for making one cup of coffee or tea at a time.
Does AeroPress taste like espresso?
The taste of AeroPress coffee is often described as being similar to the taste of espresso!
How strong is AeroPress espresso?
It depends on how concentrated you make the espresso. If you are using a single-cup brewing system like Aeropress, then it will not be as strong as espresso.
AeroPress can be used to make other beverages that require Espresso shots?
Yes and no! AeroPress can make other types of coffee beverages, but since it is not a high-pressure brewer like an espresso machine, then some specialty coffee drinks may taste a bit different from what you are expecting.
How much coffee do you use for 1 cup AeroPress?
The exact amount of ground coffee that you use will depend on the pressure level of your Aeropress, the quality of your water, and your preferred taste.
Why is AeroPress coffee so good?
It tastes and smells better because it is made with quality ground coffee beans and water that has been properly aerated.
Though the AeroPress is a single-cup brewing system, it can be used to make delicious espresso drinks and other specialty coffee drinks.
Does AeroPress make strong coffee?
Yes. it is possible to make an espresso with this single serve coffee maker. The Aeropress is also able to be used to make other types of coffee beverages like lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and latte macchiatos.
Is an AeroPress worth it?
It is a good option if you have limited space and do not have room for an espresso machine.
Now that you know how to make espresso with the Aeropress, you can use this drink to replace espresso shots in recipes like each of the three drinks we mentioned earlier.
There are so many variations to this drink that you can make to personalize it. The possibilities are endless!
We hope that you will enjoy making and drinking this delicious house blend of coffee!