Have you been lazy for some time but now it’s time you get up and descale it. Otherwise, you are going to have some fault testing coffee. But then, you are not sure how to do it.
Don’t worry; this guide has everything you need!
Let’s get into it.
You should descale a dolce gusto coffee machine every three months or after 30 cups in most cases. It doesn’t matter if the water runs clear and doesn’t smell foul, it is still necessary to descale your machine.
Descaling is essential to prolong the life of your machine, and that is why you need to descale your dolce gusto every three months.
If you don’t, when the machine gets clogged with water hardness, it will slow down. The machine will start to show signs of fatigue, and the water will no longer flow freely from the top tank.
You need to be very careful when choosing a descaler because some products on the market contain toxic chemicals like acetic acid and calcium carbonate.
Things you will need
- 1 litre of water
- Dolce gusto decalcifier kit
- A nearby water faucet to rinse all the parts
You can make your homemade descaling solution using vinegar or citric acid.
- Using white vinegar – Pour the required amount of vinegar into your coffee machine’s water tank.
- Using citric acid – Pour the required amount of white vinegar into your machine’s water tank. Add some lemon juice to the mixture, which is available at most health food stores if you can’t find it in your local supermarket.
How To Descale A Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine – Signs When Your Coffee Machine Needs To Be Descaled
- The on/off power button turns orange/yellow.
- The machine is slow to heat up.
- Water flow becomes slow through the spout, and you get a bland taste of the beverage.
- The water that runs through the machine smells like a skunk smell, or it has a metallic and chlorine flavour.
How To Descale A Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine-
- Check and empty the capsule dispenser. There shouldn’t be any capsules in the dispenser.
- Fill the water tank about 80%
- Pour the dolce gusto decalcifier kit contents into the water tank and stir.
- Place a container on the coffee spout. Rinse the container properly later as the liquid is toxic.
- Put the water tank in the machine and press start on descaling mode. If it is manual, then stop the process after 45 seconds.
- After the decalcifier liquid passes through all the circuits and water outlets of the coffee maker, throw out the water and repeat the process. You can use both hot water and cold water alternatively.
- Empty the dirty content and refill with fresh water and rinse. Repeat this process until you see clean water.
That’s it! Your dolce gusto machine is clean and good to use again!
How do I reset my Dolce Gusto after descaling?
Read the steps below and follow them to successfully reset your machine.
After turning off the machine, push the red button for more than five seconds to switch it back on.
The green light will flash, followed by the orange light – flush half the tank on hot, then half on cold, and then turn off the button. After you turn the power back on, the green light should show! Thats it!
Can you descale Dolce Gusto with vinegar?
Yes you can, but we recommend to use a proper descaling agent which you can buy from most supermarkets and corner shops.
What does a yellow light on Dolce Gusto mean?
If you’ve observed that the green ready light has gone yellow, this is your machine’s way of informing you that it needs to be descaling.
How do you reset the yellow light on a Dolce Gusto?
Follow the instructions to descale your Dolce Gusto and the yellow light will turn off.
Final Thoughts on How To Descale A Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
So, How do I reset my Dolce Gusto after descaling? If you follow the instructions in this article, your machine will serve you for many years. Can you descale Dolce Gusto with vinegar? Yes, make sure you clean the machine regularly with it.
Now you know how to clean and descale your dolce gusto coffee machine. So, get out of your laziness and follow the steps as we mentioned and then enjoy a great cup of coffee.
I hope now you know all the answers to your questions like “What does a yellow light on Dolce Gusto mean?” or “How do you reset the yellow light on a Dolce Gusto machine?”
If you have any further questions, feel free to leave it below in the comment section. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!