Nespresso machines are suitable for making great lattes and cappuccinos at home.
In addition, you can customize your Nespresso cup of coffee by choosing from various options, like flavour and strength.
Here's a breakdown of the best Nespresso capsules for coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos that will guide you through the best flavours out there!
Also Have A Look At – Which Nespresso Capsule Is Best For Americano?
In this Article
What Are Nespresso capsules?
Inside the Nespresso capsule is a sealed disk of coffee grounds and glasses. The machine uses this locked disk to produce a rich froth.
You can drink your coffee black, with milk, or with milk substitutes like soy or almond milk.
The Nespresso capsules are made up of three parts: the bottom, middle, and top layers. The bottom layer is a white foam that is released when you open the capsule.
The middle layer is packed with coffee grounds, then covered with a white coating. Finally, the top layer is an inner shell that encases the coffee grounds and keeps them at a temperature that allows them to be brewed properly.
The capsules are tiny, so you can easily enjoy as many cups of lattes as you want during your day without having to make a whole pot of coffee.
Best Capsules for Lattes
What you choose as your Nespresso capsule for lattes will depend on four things:
- The flavour of your coffee
- Intensity Level
- 4. Compatibility
I am a Latte Lover and also enjoy eating coffee beans. We have a post dedicated to eating coffee beans and its benefits.
Let us look at the top recommendation of capsules for lattes-
Nespresso Diavoletto Capsules
- HIGHLY INTENSE & POWERFUL: This Nespresso coffee features an energized espresso from a blend of Brazilian coffee with an aroma that hints at oak wood and leather with a creamy texture that balances out this powerful espresso coffee
- INTENSITY 11: This Nespresso coffee blend is for coffee aficionados with a high intensity for a surprisingly powerful espresso with a smooth and fine texture from a blend of coffee from Central and South American
- DIAVOLITTO ESPRESSO BREWS 1.35 OZ: These Nespresso VertuoLine pods are part of the Espresso range that will provide you with a 1.35 oz serving of a traditional espresso coffee beverage
- WE RECYCLE: Nespresso aluminum capsules are fully recyclable and guarantee coffee freshness - we provide different options for recycling your used aluminum coffee pods to fulfill our collective commitment to protecting the environment
- VERTUOLINE ONLY: Nespresso Vertuo delivers you a full range of cup sizes and coffee styles from espresso to Alto XL with easy to use Nespresso pods. Enjoy hot or pour over ice. (VertuoLine Capsules are not compatible with OriginalLine machines )
Nespresso VertuoLine Capsules are compatible with the Nespresso VertuoLine Espresso Machine. Our top pick for a basic black and white espresso is a strong, consistent, and expensive option for a capsule machine.
If you’re looking for a robust and espresso-like capsule with great taste that will work with your machine and do most of the heavy lifting in creating a latte, this is the one to get.
Nespresso Barista Flavored Pack
This capsule is compatible with the VertuoLine Nespresso coffee maker. These flavourings are pretty delightful and won’t completely override the flavour of the coffee they are added to.
Each flavour of this pack of pods comes in 30 pods, with 10 of each flavour.
The coffee used to make these flavours is a medium roast that is right in the middle of the intensity scale. As such, they won’t completely overpower the taste of the coffee that they are added to.
These pods come in a pack of 30s and 10s, each with delicious flavours, creamy taste, and providing a wide variety for your enjoyment.
Cafe Karoma Classico Capsules
- 150 ready to use Easy Serve Pods! Espresso Pods
- Individually wrapped.
- Compatible with most Easy Serve Espresso machines
- Non-GMO, Paper Pods!
Compatibility is with the Nespresso OriginalLine.They offer 100 Karoma Capsules, which have a pretty good strong flavour and are available affordable.
The one serious downside is that they have a relatively short shelf life.
However, if you’re buying them by the dozen and using them up in a couple of weeks, that’s not a big issue.
But there is a problem with the product; they become stale after about a month. If you drink three lattes per day, you’re well set. If you don’t, then you may be squandering your money.
Coffee blends are perfectly balanced between bitterness and strength vs acidity.
Compared to other combinations, the Ristretto capsule has more balance, so you can enjoy it without adding a lot of sugar or milk.
The blend is primarily made up of Latin American and East African Arabicas.
The flavour becomes more intense and on the firmer side when prepared in a French press.
It has more flavour in an espresso machine than a regular drip coffee maker and suits milk well, making it ideal for beginners who are not yet accustomed to strong coffee.
Beverage intensity: 10 out of 12
Starbucks Espresso Dark Roast
- PREMIUM WHOLE BEAN COFFEE—Starbucks delivers exceptional coffee cup after cup with this 12-ounce bag of Espresso Roast dark roast whole bean coffee—6 bags total
- STARBUCKS ESPRESSO ROAST COFFEE—A classic and time-honored dark roast with notes of rich molasses and caramel that’s perfect for making classic espresso drinks
- FRESH TASTE—Starbucks adheres to the highest quality standards—shipping you the same carefully roasted 100% arabica coffee beans we brew in our cafés
- MAKE IT YOUR OWN—An everyday cup no matter how you brew it, Starbucks whole bean coffee can be ground and used for a variety of brewing methods, including drip brewer, coffee press, pour-over and moka pot
- SUBSCRIBE & SAVE—Add the convenience of automatic delivery and save up to 15% off your favorite Starbucks coffee while never missing a cup
Starbucks coffee is full of flavour with the most intense capsule.
They have many different coffees that you can mix and match to find your perfect cup, but these capsules are brewed with dark coffee that rates an 11 on the intensity scale.
Because it is so high in intensity, it is a perfect match for the Nespresso OriginalLInes. In general, these pods are a good option for the most robust flavoured coffee you can get your hands on.
This pod is part of an extensive range of specially selected and blended coffees specially developed for Nespresso coffee machines with the robust and rich taste of espresso.
They offer a full-bodied taste with a deep lingering aftertaste that keeps people coming back for more.
It is only compatible with Nespresso Original Line.
This is a Brazilian coffee with pronounced bitter flavours and a peppery aftertaste. The combination of coffees from Brazil and Guatemala makes for a coffee reminiscent of Turkish coffee, combined with milk; this capsule will probably make the most flavorful latte you can get from a Nespresso machine.
It is the most intense Nespresso capsule for a strong-flavoured cup of coffee.
Intensity rating: 12 out of 12
Legato Espresso Single Serve Capsules
- Intenso Espresso - Intensity Level 8 - Strong and Creamy Espresso with an Intense Flavor - High Barrier Recyclable Capsules - BPA Free - Kosher Certified
- High Quality Italian espresso – 100 Capsules, 10 Boxes with 10 Capsules per box. We have brand new capsules and packaging while keeping our same blends and even improving them! You will see some new capsule colors as we have switched to the brand-new FLO capsules, which will give you a more consistent extraction when using your machine. These capsules are high barrier so will stay fresh outside of the flow pack for up to 14 months.
- Why Legato? Why try us vs. the competition? First let us start by saying coffee like anything else one consumes is extremely personal. We chose our blends based on over 100 years of combined experience in roasting, grinding and ultimately curating the coffee. We worked hard to achieve the blends that can be enjoyed either by a palate that is new to coffee or a distinguished palate that expects the absolute best.
- How do you keep you prices so low? Our facility is one of the largest and most specialized roasters in all of Italy. We take a lot of pride in what we do, and we hope that shows in the product that you consume. As far as pricing let us just say we do not pay any swanky celebrities (wink, wink) so we can afford to keep our costs low.
- Flavors we offer which are shown on every box; Fortissimo strength 9 – Intenso strength 8 - Gran Gusto strength 7 – French Roast strength 6 – Hazelnut strength 5 – French Vanilla strength 5 – Decaf strength 4 – Hot Chocolate – English Breakfast Tea & Green Tea
Capsule makers are everywhere these days to make your drink of choice. Nestle’s Legato Espresso Single Serve Capsules are an excellent option for those looking for a Nespresso compatible and best decaf capsule.
Though not our top pick, this is a great dark roast for those that want a more pungent coffee taste than Nespresso offers.
Legato claims that their capsules are Nespresso compatible, and there isn’t any reason to think otherwise.
This is a 100% Arabica blend of Brazilian beans ground by steel blades. When the grounds are close to 30 microns, it’s ready to be packed into single-serve capsules.
It has an oily liquid centre with a silver outer coating.
Do I use espresso or lungo for latte?
Espresso is the strongest type of coffee, which means it has the most caffeine and the most flavour. If you’re looking for a strong coffee with minimal milk and sugar, you’ll want to use espresso. However, most people who use espresso in their latte are mixing it with another type of coffee.
Can Nespresso make good latte?
All of the Nespresso pods work well for latte because of their robust flavour, but there are some that make better lattes than others.
What is the most popular Nespresso flavor?
Most people who buy a Nespresso enjoy the dark roasts (Intenso, Espresso, Kazaar). These coffees are the strongest in intensity and have the most flavor.
How do you make a latte with a Nespresso machine?
With a Nespresso machine, it’s possible to make a latte. The most important thing to remember is to use the right type of pod for your Nespresso machine.
How long do Nespresso capsules last?
The coffee pods do not have an expiration date, but they should be consumed within 3 months of opening the package. If you keep the coffee pod in its original packaging, you may re-use it within 3 months of opening it.
Lattes are a great way to enjoy coffee when you’re in the mood for something different. They are also a great way to start or end your day.
There are many options available, and all of them have their strengths and weaknesses.
The best Nespresso Pod for lattes is the one that fits your needs best for the price you wish to pay.
The best capsule out there is the Nespresso Diavoletto capsules, which are the most robust and most consistent espresso pods that you can get.
Some flavours might be a little too strong for you. If this is the case, we recommend getting some of our other recommendations instead.
I hope you enjoyed our blog!