What does this mean exactly? Well, it means that you can have a machine that brews and froths your coffee and sends notifications to your phone and updates recipes and balances the milk in your cup.
A Bluetooth smart connection may seem a strange feature for a coffee machine, but the Nespresso prodigio is not your average cup of Joe.
Instead, the machine is remarkable, complete with various settings to ensure you get the perfect flavour.
In this Article
Smart Coffee Machine – Bluetooth Connectivity
- Allows you to brew yourself a cup, schedule a brew for later in the day (or coincide with your morning alarm), and check whether you need maintenance or cleaning.
- Connect to an app on your phone, and you can check on your coffee from anywhere in the world.
- You can control the temperature and function of the coffee machine via your phone.
- You know when you are running out of espresso capsules through an app on your phone.
- Allows you to change the capsule type and brew time, as well as serving size as well.’
- All of the functions are easy to access from your phone.
- The app can sync your time and date with the machine to know when to start brewing your coffee.
- Your wi-fi automatically connects when you turn on the machine. You don’t have to connect to your phone or wait for the app on your phone to sync.
Which one to buy?
Nespresso makes a scalable, connected coffee machine that comes in two iterations designed for different coffee drinkers.
The Prodigio is targeted towards those who appreciate the scheduling convenience this machine offers.
The Prodigio & Milk, although not as jazzed up as the Prodigio, is a device designed for those who wish to be able to make a range of drinks.
When you purchase this machine, you get your choice of a two-group device (which is what we are testing) that comes with an Aeroccino milk frother unit, or it can be purchased without the Aeroccino unit.
This will depend on your personal preference and how much you are willing to spend.
We would recommend buying the Aeroccino unit, as it will enable you to make excellent milk-based drinks and give you more choice with your coffee.
Nespresso Progidio pros and cons
Nespresso is a machine renowned for its ease of use and compact size.
The main reason why this coffee maker is so famous is that it includes a few features that most other models don’t have.
For example, with the Nespresso, you can control your brewing via a downloadable app from your smartphone or computer; there are three programmable brew sizes, including water hardness test sticks.
The Nespresso also comes with a rotating water reservoir and a unique angled water filter.
This provides you with a fast-brewing machine that can make up to three cups in less than 30 seconds without forgetting the foam on top!
In addition, the Nespresso machine uses special pod technology, which allows you to brew espresso and popular espresso drinks such as latte macchiato.
Cons include the price, which may be a bit steep for some coffee lovers, and that the Bluetooth sometimes doesn’t work.
However, no matter what your preferences are, you should be able to find a Nespresso that will suit your needs!
It also cannot brew full-size or larger cups of coffee, so be aware that you want to get a full-sized cup out of it. If you don’t want to use the app, then you will have fewer features to use.
In conclusion, the Nespresso Prodigio is a great machine that comes with useful technology that we like.
It is easy to set up and convenient to use, and will give you an excellent cup of coffee every time.
Of course, it’s not cheap, but the convenience factor of an automatic machine that prepares your favourite drink for you makes it well worth the price of admission.
If you're looking for a small automatic coffee maker with excellent capabilities, then we would highly recommend checking out the Nespresso Prodigio.