Only to be wrecked by your coffee maker’s malfunctioning clean light. It is a widespread problem that affects all coffee brewers practically. Mr Coffee Maker is no different.
The clean light is a unique and beneficial feature that indicates when the equipment needs to be cleaned or maintained.
You can use it to signal that you need to replace the coffee maker. Regardless, this problem is easily remedied by resetting the clean light; reading this article will tell you how to do so!
How to reset the clean light on Mr coffee?
Remove the power cord from your Mr Coffee maker. Then press and hold the “Restore” button for a few seconds. When you are reconnecting the machine, press and hold the “Restore” button.
Finally, hold the "Restore" button for ten seconds before releasing it. The coffee maker should return to its default settings in a reasonable amount of time.
What does the blinking light mean?
A blinking “clean” light indicates that you need to clean your coffee maker. This problem usually occurs due to mineral deposits in the heating unit or build-up in case you live in an area with hard water.
The mineral coatings hamper your coffee's flavour and also cause harm to the unit. Bacteria is another potential source of infection.
Not only is your drink in jeopardy, but so is your body and health. As a result, sterilize your favourite equipment frequently.
In the clean light, three different colours occur. The yellow colour denotes "brew later," the green colour means "brew now," and the red colour means "clean now."
The clean cycle is an essential part of owning an automatic coffee maker. If you do not perform the maintenance on time, you risk dealing with numerous problems.
For example, the brewing process might get impaired, and your coffee's quality may decrease considerably.
How long will the cleaning cycle take?
The cleaning process is not necessarily long. Depending on the model you own, it may take between 35-60 minutes.
However, some models take more time to clean. In this case, you will understand the cleaning process. The general rule of thumb is to perform the cleaning every month.
Essential Tips for cleaning Mr coffee
- Because the plug and water cord are not dishwasher safe, do not submerge them in water or any other liquid.
- Avoid using harsh soap since it produces a lathered taste that you can eat with your next cup of coffee. In addition, it takes away your beverage’s delicate and rich flavour.
- If the mineral or dirt accumulation is severe, repeat the procedure.
- If you unplug the unit while resetting, you will have to start over. Plus, the light will keep blinking.
- If you run out of vinegar, try other cleaning methods or products. Alternatives include salt and ice water, lemon juice, and baking soda.
With a large spoon or cloth, rub the salt and ice against the inside of the carafe. Combine a quarter cup of baking soda with a quarter cup of water to make baking soda.
- Multipurpose cleaners are also beneficial. For example, you may use borax or hydrogen peroxide. Apart from coffee brewers, the former is widely used to clean refrigerators and washing machines.
Combine a couple of tablespoons with a couple of cups of water. You need to mix only one cup of hydrogen peroxide with two cups of warm water in the case of hydrogen peroxide.
Your coffee maker is an essential kitchen appliance. In return, it should be appropriately cleaned and possibly repaired. The clean light on your Mr Coffee Maker indicates that the unit needs to be cleaned or maintained.
By following this article, you can easily reset the clean light. The process is quick and easy. The result is a good-tasting coffee that is free of harmful bacteria or contaminants!