The Keurig K-Duo Plus is a single-serve and carafe coffee maker that is a blend of two features, use of either K-Cup pods or ground coffee, both have programmable carafe and auto-brew feature. Here is a detailed product review of Keurig K-Duo Plus to help you make a smart choice.
In this Article
Keurig K-Duo Plus – Key Features
Design & Size
The streamlined pod machine can brew coffee pot when one cup of coffee is not sufficient, the product is compact and sleek in looks with 14.19 inches of height, 8.2 inches of width and 11.7 inches of depth with 16.1 lbs of weight. The brewer looks elegant in black color.
Cup Sizes & Brew strength
The taste of different types of coffee, tea, coca or other beverages can be enjoyed by choosing from a large variety of K-Cup Pods or selecting your desired ground coffee.
The brewer brews Keurig K-Cup pods but not K-Carafe pods, K-Mug pods, Vue pods or Rivo pods.
The multiple brew sizes allow multiple brew options for large as well as a small gathering, it can brew 6,8,10 or 12 cup-carafe along with 6,8,10 or 12 oz cup for a single individual.
Users can control the strength of single-serve coffee or of the carafe and get a bolder one with a ‘strong ‘brew option.
The multifunctional water reservoir can be adjusted on the right or left side or may be positioned to fit at the back, this helps to adjust it anywhere on the kitchen counter-top. With 60 ounce capacity, the brewer will brew at 12 cups of carafe before refilling.
The 12-cup thermal stainless steel thermal carafe retains heat better than the glass carafe and eliminates glass breakage and keeps the coffee warm for 2 hours.
The self-programmable timer sets time 20-hours in advance for automatic start and wakes you with the fresh aroma of drip coffee.
The gold-tone mesh filter is a reusable one and completely sieves coffee grounds to prevent them from flowing into the coffee. The brewer is compatible with My K-Cup universal reusable coffee filter.
The removable drip tray is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning of the coffee residue. For hygienic brewing, the carafe and its lid should be cleaned after every brew and to prevent building up of calcium and lime the mug contents should be discarded after every brew.
Other Features – While doing the Keurig K-Duo Plus Review we note that it is packed with several other features.
It heats and brew coffee instantly so you don’t have to wait for heating up of the water.
Pause & Pour
It allows mid-coffee cycle pouring, pauses the process for 20 seconds to pour a quick cup before the brewing cycle is complete.
With this feature it turns the brewer off after 5 minutes of inactivity to save energy.
The brewer accommodates K-cup up till 8 inches after removing the drip tray and 7.25 inches without removing the drip tray.
Keurig K-Duo Plus – Pros & Cons
- Stainless steel carafe for better heating.
- Adjustable water reservoir.
- No heating plate.
Best Way to Use Keurig K-Duo Plus
For Single Serve
- Fill the water tank, turn the machine on and lift the pod holder to insert K-cup pod and then completely lower the handle to close the lid.
- Place the coffee mug on the drip tray.
- Select K-cup pod and brew size, press the strong button for bolder coffee.
For Carafe Serve
- Fill the water reservoir to the required level.
- Fill the desired amount of ground coffee in the filter basket (after pulling it out), recommended is 1TS per person.
- Reinsert the filter basket and ensure that the carafe is in the drip tray.
- Select Carafe (towards the left side) and Brew size after pressing the power-on button.
- Press the Brew button and Strong (optional, if you want strong coffee).
Problems Faced While Using K-Duo Plus
- The height of the lid handle, on top of the coffee maker, is 18 inches that cause accessibility problems in inserting the K-Cup pod in the provided slot. So, a better height clearance will ease the fitting of a cup under the cabinet.
- After adding more water in the reservoir, the brewer again requires brew size selection.
- The water tank does not use the full quantity of water, some quantity of water is left every time in the reservoir.
Keurig K-Duo Plus – Final Verdict
Keurig K-Duo Plus is a versatile and compact machine that is an addition to your kitchen counter-top, it pours a single cup or a full carafe from a single outlet.
The coffee-lovers can use their coffee grounds to wake up to freshly brewed coffee with a 24-hours timer. Though the machine facilitates hot coffee for 2 hours after preparation it comes at a premium price to pay.