Gene Cafe Roaster Vs Behmor 1600
Unfortunately, it’s not quick and easy to make coffee at home, so we decided to try out some of the best roasters available on the market. We tested two different popular brands: Behmor 1600 and Gene Cafe Roaster.
This blog post will explore the difference between the Gene Cafe Roaster and Behmor 1600 roasters. We'll cover a comparison of features, design, and overall cost, as well as a breakdown of what these two coffee roasters can offer.
About the Behmor 1600
With a total weight of under 8 pounds, the Behmor 1600 is small enough to be stored in your kitchen or countertop but can hold enough beans to make it the perfect home coffee roaster.
Like all Behmor roasters, the 1600's primary goal is to allow you to produce a great-tasting cup of coffee.
Behmor has perfected the science of how coffee roasting works by using a patented system that allows the company to create different roast profiles on their machines.
You'll be able to choose from five different roast levels, including a light roast, a medium roast, a dark roast, and a dark espresso-like flavour.
The roaster’s intuitive control interface will guide you through the process. Adjust the dial to set the desired level of roast and the temperature of the roasting elements, and the Behmor 1600 will take over and do the rest.
The Behmor 1600 also features a variable-speed roasting drum and a fully adjustable cooling cycle that lets you monitor the progress of your roast. The drum can rotate as fast as 3,000 RPM, which translates to 13 pounds per hour roasting speed.
In addition, the cooling system has a variable fan speed that cools each roast batch within 45 seconds.
This particular model includes a built-in safety switch, which automatically shuts the heating elements down in case of overheating.
It also features an internal chaff collector to help eliminate smoke and odour build-up, as well as a green power light indicator that shows you when the roaster is operating.
- Internal chaff collector.
- An easily adjustable system that allows you to monitor the progress of your roast.
- Compact design for easy storage and setup
- Multiple pre-programmed roast profiles that you can choose from.
- Variable speed roasting drum that rotates as fast as 3,000 RPM
- An in-built safety switch that automatically shuts the heating elements down in overheating.
- Interior light that allows you to monitor the roasting process.
- It is quiet
- Powerful and simple
- Easy to maintain, clean and use.
- It is compact
- Less expensive than Gene cafe roaster
- Not very versatile
- Some users complained about the weight of their Behmor 1600
- Cannot roast Vienna, french and Italian levels
- Chaff tray is very messy
About the gene cafe roaster
Coffee beans are roasted into their flavorful forms using different techniques, such as drum roasters, cone roasters, etc. However, the process is often lengthy, requiring high temperatures and long times.
Gene Cafe has created a revolutionary product that uses more efficient and faster roasting coffee beans, using a specially developed "Cold Beam Roast."
Roasted coffee beans are placed in the chamber of the Gene Cafe CBR-101, where they get roasted by using a low heat source (Cold Beam) that is close to the bean chamber, and then you can remove the beans after the desired roasting time.
Unlike other cold roasting methods, this system provides an exact and reliable way to roast coffee beans. With Gene Cafe CBR-101, you can enjoy the incredible aroma of coffee beans in a short period with less effort.
- A fully viewable roast chamber and fully adjustable time and temperature allow maximum control over your roasts.
- Unique 3D off-axis rotation ensures an even roast every time.
- Impressively quiet operation.
- Works with standard 120v power
- Easy to use a home coffee roaster that also comes in a small size.
- It has a pre-set operating mode, giving you the best results in just 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Gives even roasts
- It has a chaff collector
- Glass detachable chamber
- Manual is tough to understand
- Assembly is difficult
Comparison between the Behmor 1600 and the Gene Cafe Roaster
When comparing these two coffee roasters, several elements are considered. Let’s explore those in-depth.
- The difference with the Gene Cafe is its appearance and weight.
- The Gene Cafe looks like a giant glass chamber and has a cooling system that allows you to see the actual bean being roasted.
- The Behmor has no chamber and is compact for storage space.
- It also has a built-in safety switch that automatically shuts down the heating element if there is an issue with overheating.
- It allows for a longer lifespan on your device. You’ll also monitor the roasting progress while the Gene Cafe will not have that capability.
- You’ll be required to monitor this device a little more closely to get even roasts.
- If you roast a significant amount of beans, the Behmor is highly recommended!
The Gene Cafe is more expensive than the Behmor. At the same time, the Behmor is more compact and compact for storage space. So while the Behmor is less than $300, the Gene Cafe will cost around $500.
The Gene Cafe is the most accurate roaster available on the market. In addition, it has a small glass chamber and a built-in safety switch that prevents overheating.
The Behmor has no chamber, nor is it made of glass, so it can't be as accurate as the Gene Cafe.
Ease of Use
You can use the Gene Cafe in just 15 minutes while the Behmor will take longer to set up, and it gives better roasts than the Gene Cafe.
Which one is better?
The answer will depend on the quality of roast you want to achieve. If you need a fast, accurate, and efficient way to roast your beans for brewing, the Gene Cafe is the best choice for you.
On the other hand, if you want to save space and already know how to set up your device, the Behmor is a good option. We did a lot of research and compared a lot of machines.
There are plenty of different models, but we found the Behmor 1600 best. It is effortless to set up and provides consistent, quality roasts.
It's a smaller version of the larger Behmor 1700 model, so you can roast at a lower temperature without sacrificing speed or quality.
It also offers a built-in safety switch, which will stop the heating elements if they need to be replaced.
Coffee roasters are great options for people who enjoy the roasting process and like to control every element of the roasting process.
It is also an excellent option for someone who wants an even roast since these devices will allow you to monitor the beans when roasted in real-time.
Of course, this is a different process than what you get with a pre-packed bag of beans from your local coffee shop.
However, these machines are still a great way to get even roasts and have some of the best roasting capabilities on the market—a good option for those who enjoy the gourmet process and want that "speciality" look.
So, think of how long you plan on staying in the roasting business. A mini-machine will suffice if you feel it is just a short-term hobby.
But if you have strong feelings about roasting your coffee and like the process, then it might be better to consider buying one of these machines!