If you are a coffee lover, then you need it to start your day off. If you drink caffeinated drinks every day, chances are that you have a coffee maker like the Mr coffee machine in your home.
You will either use it to brew yourself a cup of coffee or to serve others through the coffee maker that you own.
But after a while, you may notice that your coffee tastes terrible no matter how much sugar or cream you add. If it happens, then it’s time to clean the coffeemaker.
Many people are unaware that the coffee pot should be emptied and dried after use. Instead, they just let their machine shut off on its own and then wash it in the dishwasher.
You may have read so many other articles that tell you to use vinegar or lemon juice to clean your coffee maker.
But do you know how to clean mr coffee without vinegar? In this article, we will learn how to clean a coffee maker without vinegar or lemon juice!
There Are Different Ways on How To Clean A Coffee Maker Without Vinegar Or Lemon Juice. They Are As Follows:
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an affordable and non-toxic sanitation product, and its chemical qualities make it an efficient cleansing product.
- Fill the coffee pot with 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Add a ¼ cup of baking soda
- Run a brew cycle
- Remove the dirty water
- Fill the pot with fresh lukewarm water
- Run another cycle
If the water coming back is visibly clean, you are done. If it is not entirely clean, then repeat this step up to 3 times.
2. Cream Of Tartar
If you want to know how to clean coffee maker without vinegar, using cream of tartar will work for you. However, if there is a powder form, then you need to dissolve it in water first.
Cream of tartar is derived from wine, and it is considered the best natural cleaning agent.
- Add 1 cup of hot water to the Mr Coffee
- Add three tablespoons of cream of tartar powder
- Stir the solution until dissolved in water
- Run a cycle with the mixture
- To remove the tartar residue, do one or two processes only with water
3. Salt And Ice Cubes
Salt and ice will eliminate not just stains; however, in addition, it also removes mineral deposits and burnt coffee stains. You must use table salt, though.
Sea salt is typically much coarser and more unforgiving than any other type of salt; therefore, if it does not dissolve well, and can scratch your coffee maker.
- Fill the Mr Coffee with hot water
- Add a generous amount of salt
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes with salt and ice cubes
- If it still doesn’t clean, try this method again up to 3 times with fresh hot water and more salt
4. Denture Tablets
Denture tablets are a quick and effective way of getting rid of stains from your coffee maker. Denture cleaning tablets can kill all bacteria and clean away stubborn mineral deposits.
You can purchase them in most supermarkets.
- Add two tablets to the container
- Fill it with lukewarm water.
- Wait until the tablets are dissolved in the water
- Run a complete cycle.
- Run 2-3 extra cycles just with water to ensure there is no residue left
5. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful cleaning agent. It has many uses, and it is very inexpensive.
Also known as H2O2, it is a type of chemical that cleans and disinfects your coffee maker. It's simple to use, and it's easy to find in grocery stores.
- Add 1 litre of water to the coffee maker
- Add ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Wait 10 minutes for the solution to dissolve
- Run a cycle
- Rinse with lukewarm water
6. Soap and Dishwashing Liquid
Soap is a multi-purpose product, and it can clean almost anything.
Also known as a chemical compound of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, it’s a simple dishwashing liquid that can be used to remove stains that the Mr Coffee doesn’t get rid of on its own.
This one of the best ways to clean your machine if you dont know how to clean mr coffee without vinegar soluiton.
- Fill the container with soapy water
- Add a cup of white vinegar (optional)
- Let it set for a couple of hours.
- Run a cycle
- If the stains are still there, try this step up to 2 times more. Rinse pot with cold water.
Borax is very cheap, and it is commonly used in laundry detergents. It can be used as a natural cleaner, and it cleans the coffee maker by taking away its hard mineral deposits.
- Run a cycle with water and borax
- Then another one with water only to ensure there are no residual stains left
- Empty the pot and fill it with lukewarm water
- Run a complete cycle.
- Wash coffee maker several times to remove visible stains.
8. Muriatic Acid
Muriatic acid is also a great cleaning agent, and it can help you get rid of stains left by burnt coffee, mineral deposits that your Mr. Coffee will not remove by itself, and lime deposits. Muramic acid is also known as hydrochloric acid.
- Add one cup of water to the coffee maker
- Add 1 teaspoon of muriatic acid to the container
- Stir according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Run a cycle with the mixture.
- Run extra cycles with clean water just for sure there are no residues left.
Can you clean coffee maker with just water?
This is a common question, so we have spent all time to answer this question. No, cleaning coffee maker with just water is not the best idea and this article will help you to find out why.
Coffee makers were invented to brew each kind of coffee. And they are built mostly with metal parts, like heating element, percolator basket and carafe lid. They are made of different materials.
First, coffee maker itself is made of metal and it can get rusty. And when you are cleaning process, the coffee maker will be filled with water and dirt. So, it is necessary to use special cleaner to clean your coffee maker.
How do I clean the inside of my Mr Coffee?
There are two kinds of removable parts that you need to clean. The first is the carafe. Right after you finish brewing, use a towel or washcloth to wipe out any drips or spills. The second part is the reservoir. Make sure there is a filter in place before you run your cleaning cycle.
How do you clean Mr coffee with baking soda?
You need to use a strong solution of baking soda. What you need to do is pour 2 cups of baking soda into your Mr Coffee, then fill and run a cleaning cycle.
Why Is My Mr Coffee So Foul Smelling?
The smell of coffee can be the worst. It is the reason why people like drinking iced coffee. If you want your coffee to smell better, then here are some ways that can help you:
- Run extra cycle with just water
- Use vinegar
- Run extra cycle with just vinegar
- Use salt and water
- Run extra cycle with just salt and water
How do you clean a coffee maker without chemicals?
It is quite simple, you need to use vinegar. All you need to do is put two cups of vinegar into the reservoir and turn on your coffee maker.
How do you clean a moldy coffee maker?
This may be the most difficult question you will ever ask. You need to use baking soda and vinegar. Run a cleaning cycle on your coffee maker and add two cups of baking soda to the reservoir. Then, you need to add one cup of vinegar into the reservoir.
1. How to clean mr coffee without vinegar?
The simplest way is by using a coffee machine cleaner. You can use a descaling solution that is designed to dissolve mineral deposits, stains, and hard water deposit.
You can also use chemicals to dissolve stains on the coffee maker's heating element. Using the methods mentioned above will also clean the water reservoir, which can be a source of bacteria.
2. How long do i need to let my coffee maker clean?
You do not have to wait for a long time until the process is finished. Just run a normal cycle, and then run the machine again with just water (no vinegar or lemon) to make sure there are no residues left in the container.
3. Do you need to clean the coffee maker immediately?
No. However, if it is not cleaned regularly, it may cause taste changes on your coffee. It also prevents the machine from getting damaged and may also prevent foul smells from being released into your coffee.
How to clean coffee maker without vinegar: Final Thought
Cleaning your Mr Coffee is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Try all of the cleaning mentioned above tips, one at a time, to determine which one works better for you.
You now know how to clean a coffee maker without vinegar or lemon juice, so feel free to use this guide anytime you need to clean your home appliances. You can use this guide if you dont know how to clean mr coffee without vinegar as well!
Now, you won’t ruin your morning by having a foul smell of coffee. You can clean very quickly with all your household items. So, clean it and kick start your day with a hot cup of brew.