But after a while, you may notice that your coffee tastes terrible no matter how much sugar or cream you add. If it happens, then it’s time to clean the coffeemaker.
Many people are unaware that the coffee pot should be emptied and dried after use. Instead, they just let their machine shut off on its own and then wash it in the dishwasher.
There are different ways to clean your Mr. coffee maker. They are as follows:
Baking soda is an affordable and non-toxic sanitation product, and its chemical qualities make it an efficient cleansing product.
- Fill the coffee pot with 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Add a ¼ cup of baking soda
- Run a brew cycle
- Remove the dirty water
- Fill the pot with fresh lukewarm water
- Run another cycle
If the water coming back is visibly clean, you are done. If it is not entirely clean, then repeat this step up to 3 times.
Lemon juice is a good cleaning product because it’s a natural acid. It provides a similar level of acidity as vinegar, but it doesn’t leave behind that notorious vinegary smell.
- Add 1 cup of hot water to the coffee maker
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Let it sit for 5 minutes
- Run a cycle with the mixture
- To remove the lemon residue, run another one or two processes with just water
- Lastly, tap a sponge in lemon juice & water solution and wash the coffee carafe
Cream Of Tartar
Cream of tartar is derived from wine, and it is considered the best natural cleaning agent.
- Add 1 cup of hot water to the Mr Coffee
- Add three tablespoons of cream of tartar powder
- Stir the solution until dissolved in water
- Run a cycle with the mixture
- To remove the tartar residue, do one or two processes only with water
Salt and Ice cubes
Salt and ice will eliminate not just stains; however, in addition, it also removes mineral deposits and burnt coffee stains. You must use table salt, though.
Sea salt is typically much coarser and more unforgiving than any other type of salt; therefore, if it does not dissolve well, and can scratch your coffee maker.
- Fill the Mr Coffee with hot water
- Add a generous amount of salt
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes with salt and ice cubes
- If it still doesn’t clean, try this method again up to 3 times with fresh hot water and more salt
Denture tablets are a quick and effective way of getting rid of stains from your coffee maker. Denture cleaning tablets can kill all bacteria and clean away stubborn mineral deposits.
You can purchase them in most supermarkets.
- Add two tablets to the container
- Fill it with lukewarm water.
- Wait until the tablets are dissolved in the water
- Run a complete cycle.
- Run 2-3 extra cycles just with water to ensure there is no residue left
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful cleaning agent. It has many uses, and it is very inexpensive.
Also known as H2O2, it is a type of chemical that cleans and disinfects your coffee maker. It's simple to use, and it's easy to find in grocery stores.
- Add 1 litre of water to the coffee maker
- Add ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Wait 10 minutes for the solution to dissolve
- Run a cycle
- Rinse with lukewarm water
Cleaning your Mr Coffee is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Try all of the cleaning mentioned above tips, one at a time, to determine which one works better for you.
Now, you won't ruin your morning by having a foul smell of coffee. You can clean very quickly with all your household items. So, clean it and kick start your day with a hot cup of brew.