They are so popular that they sell around two million cups of coffee every single day.
This guide will show you the simple and easy way to make Starbucks iced coffee at home without spending $4 to $5 for a small cup of coffee.
You can also prepare the ingredients ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, so you will always have them suitable when you want to make your Starbucks iced coffee.
In this Article
- What is a Starbucks Iced Coffee?
- How do you use Starbucks VIA instant coffee?
- Can you make Starbucks VIA instant with cold water?
- Can you use instant coffee for cold brew?
- How much water is in a Starbucks instant coffee packet?
- How do you make Starbucks instant Veranda Blend?
- How do you make instant coffee taste like Starbucks?
What is a Starbucks Iced Coffee?
A typical Starbucks iced coffee is made from a shot of espresso, ice cubes and topped off with some water.
And that's it! That's all you need to make the perfect iced coffee. But there is one more important thing you need to know.
To make the best Starbucks iced coffee, you should use their specially blended blend of coffee beans (called arabica coffee or light roast) or the Starbucks instant iced coffee.
So follow these steps to make the best Starbucks iced coffee:
- Instant iced coffee (Coffee brands that do not contain sugar and milk and contain only instant coffee and water, such as Starbucks or Perks)
- Cup / Mug (I like using a wide cup since it is less messy – though if you want to use a regular cup instead of a bowl, I recommend using a clean one)
- Water (1 cup is enough to make 1 cup of coffee)
- Cold Milk
- Step 1: Pour one ice cube in your mug and add two teaspoons of instant iced coffee in it and you will see and feel freezing (if you want it to freeze more, add more ice cubes).
- Step 2: Stir up until everything is mixed together.
- Step 3: Pour the water into the mug. You can always add more if needed.
- Step 4: Add some milk and stir until it is mixed. Then add some additional milk if you want.
- If you want to add sugar, you can do so after the coffee has been mixed with water.
- You need to use instant iced coffee that does not contain milk or sugar.
- The ratio is two teaspoons of instant iced coffee for every cup of water. If you want a more potent and darker taste, you can increase the amount of dark-roast coffee and decrease the amount of water.
How do you use Starbucks VIA instant coffee?
Starbucks VIA is an instant coffee that needs to be dissolved in hot water before being consumed. It comes in two forms: packs of whole beans and ground coffee.
Can you make Starbucks VIA instant with cold water?
If you are using whole beans, the answer is yes. To make Starbucks VIA with cold water, simply put the beans in a ziplock bag and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Next day, place two tablespoons of ground Starbucks VIA in a mug and boil some water. Heat it until boiling and let the coffee brew for five to six minutes. Then add one cup of cold water to dissolve all the grounds and add more if needed.
Can you use instant coffee for cold brew?
While you can use instant coffee for cold brew, it is not recommended. Since the flavor of the coffee will become more intense and bolder, it is recommended that you use freshly ground beans for cold brew.
How much water is in a Starbucks instant coffee packet?
A single packet of Starbucks VIA contains five milliliters of coffee. For every one teaspoon of coffee, you need to add two cups of water to dissolve the powder.
How do you make Starbucks instant Veranda Blend?
Veranda Blend is a blend of coffee made with beans which are grown in South America. It features notes of fruit and caramel, as well as cocoa and chocolate.
How do you make instant coffee taste like Starbucks?
For every one teaspoon of Starbucks’ Veranda Blend coffee, add two scoops of coffee to a cup of hot water. The coffee will expand, so drink it right away or allow it to cool.
There it is! The easy way to make a Starbucks iced coffee at home, and it’s cheaper! So now you can enjoy a delicious icy cup of coffee whenever you want. Have fun making your own Starbucks iced coffee!