Sounds weird, right? But it is a good idea! Well, put hot chocolate in a coffee machine and see how it turns out.
Do you know what happens when you put hot chocolate in a coffee maker? The hot chocolate becomes steam and adds froth and flavor to the coffee.
You never thought that this would happen. But it is true. You can also try it yourself. Also, know how your cup of coffee will change if you pour hot chocolate into your coffee machine. So, why don’t you give it a try?
- A medium-sized coffee machine.
- Hot chocolate cocoa powder.
- A boil coffee machine.
- Hot water.
- Coffee cup.
- Sugar cubes or sugar powder
- Fabricated chocolate sauce for decoration, optional
Making Hot Chocolate in a Coffee Maker: Step by Step Process
- Step 1: Take the required quantity of hot chocolate powder and put it in your coffee machine.
- Step 2: Pour water into the coffee machine. The amount of water should be appropriately selected, depending on how much powder you have taken.
- Step 3: Switch on the coffee machine and wait until it froths hot chocolate powder.
- Step 4: Pour sugar cubes or sugar powder into your cup, depending on your preferred taste.
- Step 5: Pour the hot chocolate mixture in your cup.
- Step 6: Wait until the froth settles down, if you want to make it look better.
- Step 7: Put fabricated chocolate sauce over it for decoration.
- Step 8: Pour hot water into it to enable you to enjoy the taste of the hot chocolate.
- Step 9: Pour coffee into your cup to enjoy your coffee with hot chocolate. Enjoy it with pride!
Note: Different coffee machines may have different ways of making hot chocolate.
There are other different ways to make hot chocolate using a coffee machine. Below are a few more ways to make hot chocolate using a coffee machine.
Using a Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine
The bean-to-cup coffee machine works like the traditional coffee machine, but you put beans within your device instead of using ground coffee beans. Well, below is a step-by-step process to make hot chocolate using a bean-to-cup coffee machine.
Suppose you have a 1-cup coffee machine. To make hot chocolate, you need to put two espresso cups worth of hot chocolate powder into your coffee machine.
- Step 1: A medium-sized espresso cup of the hot chocolate mixture must be prepared in the coffee machine.
- Step 2: Fill the hot chocolate with water for frothing, press the button and wait until frothing is complete.
- Step 3: Pour sugar cubes or sugar powder into your cup, if you want to make it look better.
- Step 4: Put the foam into the coffee machine and wait for 5–6 minutes. By then, it will be ready.
- Step 5: Your hot chocolate drink is ready in your cup. All you need to do is to pour hot water into it and enjoy your coffee with hot chocolate.
The second method is similar to the first one, but you don’t have to wait for 5–6 minutes as the second one does.
- Step 1: Take a medium-sized espresso cup of the hot chocolate mixture and put it into the coffee machine.
- Step 2: Fill water into the coffee machine and wait for 5 – 6 minutes until frothing is complete.
- Step 3: Pour sugar cubes or sugar powder into your cup, if you want to make it look better.
- Step 4: Pour the froth into your cup and then add hot water into the coffee machine.
- Step 5: Wait for 1–2 minutes to sip hot chocolate from your cup.
Step 6: If you want to sip hot chocolate from your cup, then you need to add hot water to the coffee machine. If not, just close your coffee machine’s lid so that it doesn’t get overheated. You can also take a break and continue frothing when you come back later.
Drip Coffee Makers
Drip coffee makers make use of a drip brewing method. This method is highly recommended since coffee doesn’t need to go through hot water frequently. Thus it will retain its flavour and aroma.
Here is how you can make hot chocolate using a drip coffee maker:
- Method 1: Use 2 to 3 espresso cups worth of hot chocolate powder and put it into your drip coffee maker. Fill the remaining powder with water for frothing, press the button and wait until frothing is complete.
- Method 2: Use 2 to 3 espresso cups worth of hot chocolate powder and put it in your drip coffee maker. Then, add the same amount of water into the drip coffee machine and froth it to be ready for consumption.
To add hot chocolate into your drip coffee machine, you require either an airtight dishwasher or a plastic bag device suitable for drippers.
It is designed in such a way that when you put your hot chocolate into it, it will become hot without frothing.
Using Espresso Coffee Makers
The espresso machine is a kind of coffee machine, which is very efficient in making the best froth from hot chocolate. In this case, it will take 1-2 minutes to prepare hot chocolate using an espresso machine.
Here is a step-by-step process to make hot chocolate using an espresso coffee maker:
- Step 1: Take a medium-sized espresso cup of hot chocolate powder and put it in your machine.
- Step 2: Fill water into the machine and froth it to the desired froth. If you want to make foam with cream on it, you can add milk at this stage.
- Step 3: Pour the froth into the cup of hot chocolate. You need to wait for 1–2 minutes to sip hot chocolate from your mug.
- Step 4: Put the froth into your cup and add hot water into the machine. Froth within 1–2 minutes, and you will be able to enjoy your coffee with hot chocolate this way.
The coffee machine can also be used to make ice cream and other types of frozen desserts.
There are a lot of other ways to make hot chocolate using a coffee machine. All you need is to explore them and enjoy hot chocolate in various shapes, sizes and flavours.
Using Keurig K-Select coffee maker:
You can use a Keurig K-select coffee maker to make hot chocolate. You need to use k-cups that are compatible with the Keurig coffee maker. To make hot chocolate, you need to use k-cups containing hot chocolate powder.
This method of making hot chocolate is similar to the espresso maker one. So, follow the same procedure and enjoy hot chocolate.
- Step 1: Use 2 to 3 espresso cups worth of hot chocolate powder and put it in your Keurig K-select coffee maker. Then, add water into the machine and froth it by pressing a button.
- Step 2: Pour the froth into a cup of coffee that has a lid on top. Wait for a few minutes and you will have hot chocolate in your cup.
- Step 3: If you want to add sugar to the hot chocolate, then pour a little bit of sugar in the cup and stir it. You can add milk or cream if you want
Using a Coffee Vending Machine
The easiest way to make hot chocolate is using a coffee vending machine. This is a small machine that allows you to place your order of coffee and hot chocolate mix at the same time.
The machine then dispenses both coffee and hot chocolate into your cup. Just find an empty canister of the coffee machine, put hot water into it, keep your cup below the slot and then push the button. Hot chocolate will come into your cup within seconds!
Using a capsule coffee machine
A Capsule coffee machine is a machine that creates one cup of coffee and hot chocolate at the same time. You can also make cold beverages like yogurt using the same device. It looks complicated as the capsules have different functions in the machine.
Initially, this machine might look complex, but you will understand how it works when you use it for the first time.
Take a capsule that has hot chocolate mixture or powder in it and then close the lid of the machine with the capsule inside it.
Next, press a button and wait until the frothing is complete. If there is a temperature setting on your coffee machine, then make sure to select a high-temperature setting for hot chocolate.
After that, put hot water into your machine and wait for the foam to settle down. Now pour the hot chocolate into your cup and add sugar or powder into it to make it look better.
Finally, put the decorated chocolate sauce over it if you want to give a final touch.
There is no need for heating in this machine. You can use it at any place and at any time.
How to make Hot Chocolate mix at home?
You need only the following items to make hot chocolate mix at home.
- Cocoa powder/Baking cocoa – 3 tbsp
- Double cream – 1 cup
- Molasses – 2 tbsp
- Liquorice powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Instant coffee – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Almond milk – 1 cup
Making Hot Chocolate Mix is not that difficult, follow these quick steps to make Hot Chocolate Mix at home.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients except the baking cocoa.
- Blend well and then add the baking cocoa.
- Store it in an airtight container and prepare your hot chocolate mix at home now!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can You Make Hot Chocolate Using An Espresso Machine?
Yes, you can make hot chocolate using an espresso machine. First, you will find a coffee machine that produces both hot chocolate and espresso.
For this, you need to put the espresso beans into the coffee machine and then wait for frothing. Then pour the foam into your cup and sip your hot chocolate!
This is the most asked question because everyone has their own answers to this question. Hot chocolate is actually similar to coffee in many ways.
It contains caffeine, calcium and antioxidants, so yes, hot chocolate is better than coffee when you are looking for all these benefits.
What else can you make with an espresso machine?
You can also make pasta, omelette, scrambled eggs and many more using an espresso machine. But, the most popular choice for this machine is making hot chocolate.
Can you make hot chocolate using water?
Yes, you can make hot chocolate using water. In fact, the traditional way is to use a coffee pot and a hot water heater.
However, nowadays, many inexpensive electric tea kettles deliver hot water right into your cup when frothing is complete.
Can you make hot chocolate in an instant pot?
Yes, you can make hot chocolate in an instant pot. But, remember that instant pot is a pressure cooker that needs to be cautious while preparing hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate is very popular among people around the world. Its popularity is that it is made from natural ingredients, which does not contain artificial flavours or colours.
It is also low in calories and fat-free. Therefore, you should definitely try making hot chocolate at home once in a while.