Can You Make Hot Chocolate In a Coffee Machine?
Wouldn’t it be nice if it could brew two cups of hot chocolate instead? You may enjoy drinking a hot cup of coffee in the morning, but wouldn’t it be the best thing to drink hot chocolate on a winter evening?
According to experts, using your coffee machine's brewing function for hot chocolate would work just fine and save you money in the long run. There are actually "hot chocolate" machines on the market that let you do this!
But how do they work? And what will be required in making this tasty treat? Find out below!
So, Can you make hot chocolate in a coffee machine?
To answer your question, yes, you can use your favourite coffee machine to make a good cup of hot chocolate with all its inherent deliciousness.
There are many ways to enjoy this beverage, but we will only cover one- how to prepare it using your preferred kettle.
What things you will need:
To make the perfect cup of hot chocolate at home:
- Coffee machine
- Packets of hot chocolate mix or hot chocolate powder
Now let’s dive into making your very own cup of warm, frothy, chocolaty goodness.
Step-by-step instructions for the best method of making hot chocolate out there!
- Fill the machine with 4 cups of water or as per requirement.
- Put the hot chocolate mix powder into the coffee carafe and place it in the machine. Use a good quality cocoa mix. You can also use your homemade hot chocolate powder for this recipe!
- Turn on your coffee maker and wait until it reaches the required brewing temperature.
- Stir the mixture to dissolve any powder that may have settled at the bottom of the carafe.
- Insert a coffee cup into the machine and close it tightly.
- Pour the hot chocolate mix into your cup slowly by tilting the carafe slightly to one side.
- Enjoy the hot chocolate of your life!
For best results, top it off with whipped cream, cinnamon powder, marshmallows, or chocolate sprinkles!
Bonus Tips & Tricks:
- For a creamier taste, add a cup of milk or cream.
- If you want to add a twist to this recipe, try adding coffee powder for a more intense flavour!
- Don’t you like hot chocolate? Then try a different kind of coffee or tea instead!
- The type of coffee maker you are using makes all the difference. Use the best Nespresso machine, add the best Nespresso hot chocolate pods in the mix and get the best quality and taste from your chocolate drink.
- The capsule coffee machine is a hot chocolate-making machine with pods of hot chocolate mix and hot chocolate. All you need to do is put the pod in the machine and add hot water, milk, and voila!
- Get yourself a machine that has a frother, like the DeLonghi Nespresso machines which has a steam spout and milk frother.
Or the Nescafe Dolce Gusto with its sleek design and features such as adjustable temperature control, removable water tank for easy filling, and removable milk carafe for easy cleaning.
So there you have it! Hot chocolate is easy to make at home using your coffee machine. So pull out that favourite coffee maker or buy a new one and unleash its potential with this recipe.
Making hot chocolate using a coffee maker is very easy and only takes patience and preparation. Just follow the steps above, and you will be ready for your perfect, warm cup of hot chocolate. It is the easiest way to enjoy this delicious drink at home and saves you money.
The best part about this recipe is it can be customized to suit your palate. Try adding some milk, cream, or fruit juice into the mix to get a new dimension to your hot chocolate.
Adding coffee powder instead of the cocoa mix is also a good idea for a more decadent blend of flavours!
Have you made your cup of hot chocolate yet? Was it hard work?
Why not share your thoughts in the comments space below?
We would love to hear from you!