There are many types of coffee, such as lattes, Americano, espresso, filter, etc., and each one has its unique taste. It is so popular that it has been named “The Morning Cup Of Life.”
Gevalia Coffee is known for its high quality and flavour, and taste. There are many ways of brewing coffee, and everyone has their preference. However, most people, especially the new ones, cannot make their coffee for the first time.
Therefore, they might need some help from experts to start making their preferred drink.
If you want to make a good cup of coffee, there are only a few simple steps that you have to follow to use the Gevalia machine. Let's see what they are.
- Step 1: Fill the water tank with cold tap water
- Step 2: Using the correct amount of coffee is significant to make a good-tasting coffee. The general rule of thumb is to use 9 grams of ground coffee for every 1 oz of water (40 grams of coffee for eight fluid ounces).
- Step 3: Place a paper filter in the holder and discard the used one if you have a permanent filter. The reason for using a permanent filter is that it will last longer. In the case of using a paper filter, you will have to throw away the paper after every use or wash it and reuse it again.
- Step 4: Place the coffee basket into the filter and put it on the machine. For automatic coffee machines, make sure to tilt the basket until it is horizontal to the cup. The last thing you have to do is slide the cup/pot under the basket under brewing pressure.
- Step 5: Set your desired temperature (approximately 200-204 degrees) in your coffee maker setting and start brewing. Step 5: Take your cup and pour a little milk into it. Then add sugar or syrup if necessary.
You need to fill the water tank with cold water to make a good-tasting coffee. However, if you want to get the best taste of your coffee, we recommend using filtered water to remove the impurities and any foul odour from the tap water.
How to clean the Gevalia coffee maker
The Gevalia coffee maker is easy to clean and maintain as long as you do it regularly. The cleaning process only needs some time and some tools.
You can buy the devices from any store that sells household products or go online and have them delivered to your home.
- Turn off the coffee maker.
- Soak a clean, soft cloth in water. It should be used to clean the entire outside of the coffee maker.
- Use soapy water to rinse the glass carafe or ceramic cup.
- Use warm, soapy water to clean the filter basket.
- Scrub stubborn spots with a plastic or nylon pad and a non-abrasive cleanser.
Tips for brewing a fantastic cup of coffee
- Wash the removable parts of the coffee maker with warm and soapy water after each use.
- Before brewing a new batch of coffee, run a cleaning cycle to clean the machine from any dust or other particles.
- Remove the paper filter after every use to avoid any chance of mould.
- Do not let the coffee drip over the sides of the carafe, as this may lead to a bitter or stale taste.
- Make sure that the filter holder is clean before you brew a new batch of coffee.
- Use filtered water to have a better taste.
- Measure the coffee and water accurately to avoid overflow of the coffee.
- Regularly clean the coffee maker to ensure that it is clean and lasts for a long time.
- Make sure to put enough water in the reservoir before brewing a new batch of coffee, as this will help you avoid overflow.
- Do not leave your coffee maker unattended on the counter or any shelves or cabinets. It might fall and break, causing unwanted accidents.
As you can see, the Gevalia coffee maker is straightforward to use, easy to clean and maintain. In addition, it has a high-quality coffee that you can brew every day at home.
The key to making the best cup of coffee is to have enough clean water, good-quality coffee, and the right temperature while brewing it.
Also, you should stick with one type of coffee as mixing different types of coffee can affect the taste.
I hope this article has provided you with helpful information and tips on properly using and cleaning the Gevalia coffee maker. Do not forget to leave a comment below if you have any questions.