Net result? You go without an iced coffee this summer.
No more! This article has all the information you need to make your version of Dunkin Donuts' iced mocha coffee.
You certainly can make Mocha Iced Coffee Like Dunkin Donuts with just a few essential ingredients and coffee tools.
To complement your iced coffee desires, we also included some usage suggestions!
What characteristics of Dunkin’s iced coffee render it so good? A generous measure of milk and sugar! Below mentioned is the simple recipe:
- Dunkin’ Donuts coffee beans (or your favourite brand)
- ¾ cup milk
- Filtered water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- Tall glass
- Drip coffee machine
Prepare your coffee.
This step depends on your preferred method of coffee preparation. For purposes of this recipe, I am assuming that you are using a drip coffee machine.
- Start by placing 8 ounces of water into the reservoir on your drip coffee machine.
- Next, use two tablespoons of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee beans to fill the basket on your drip machine; this is roughly one tablespoon less than you would typically use for an 8-ounce cup of coffee (adjust this amount to suit your taste).
- Finally, start the drip coffee machine. You will need to wait for your device to finish brewing the entire pot of coffee before proceeding.
Prepare your iced coffee.
The ice is typically added after the brewed coffee has cooled slightly, so you will want to allow the pot of brewed coffee to sit for a few minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Pour half of your brewed coffee into your tall glass (fill it approximately halfway).
- Pour your milk of choice into the glass. For purposes of this recipe, we are using 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Consider stirring or shaking your glass gently to combine your coffee and milk before proceeding to the next step.
- Now, pour the remaining brewed coffee into the glass. Using the same half-filled glass, you should be able to fill your glass (filling it to the top).
- Add sugar to taste (again, estimated at one tablespoon per 8 ounces of coffee).
- Add a delightful dollop of whipped cream on top!
Enjoy your iced coffee.
Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee is a delightful drink at home, too. Depending on your personal preference, you could stir the contents of the glass and enjoy them as such (or you could allow them to sit at room temperature for an hour or two to settle into a lovely thick, cool coffee milkshake).
It truly is delicious!
- When preparing Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, you may want to consider making an extra cup to enjoy at home. However, you can also make more of the coffee concentrate to serve at your next gathering.
- Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is quite potent, you can enjoy it best as an after-dinner or late-night beverage.
- You can use other brands of coffee in this recipe. Use the same proportion of water and beans to yield eight ounces, and adjust for taste (e.g., adjust the amount of sugar).
- To sweeten your coffee, you may want to consider using Stevia or other sugar substitutes that are very easy on your stomach. Stevia is a natural herb that is 1.8 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar), and it does not adversely affect diabetes.
- If you do not like to use milk and sugar in your coffee, you may consider using other ingredients, such as:
- Half-and-half cream, which makes for a more decadent drink. You may also consider full-cream milk and creamier types of milk, such as soy or rice milk.
- Honey, which is sweeter than sugar. Unlike sugar, honey has antibacterial properties. Honey is also considered a healthy food by some people, who believe that it has anti-ageing properties.
- Maple syrup, which is an all-natural product. It is also easy to digest, and some people even consider it healthier than honey.
In a Hurry?
If you’re in a rush, hasten this recipe by brewing the coffee straight onto the ice.
Fill a drink-filled glass with ice and put it under your brewed coffee machine's brew head. After the coffee finishes brewing, give it a good stir and add more ice.
Want a Stronger Drink?
The Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee isn’t known for being coffee-forward — it’s more about the sweetness. Consider adding more coffee to the cold, brewed mixture if you want a more robust coffee flavour.
If you want an even stronger drink, add a bit of espresso to the cold brew. Or you could also add less milk or use coffee ice cubes.
Dunkin’s iced coffee is an incredible summer drink. Fortunately, now you don’t have to go to the Dunkin doughnuts to enjoy a glass! I hope this article has explained how to make Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee swiftly, economically, and just the way you want it.
If you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee at home, don't forget to share it with your friends. And, remember that you can also use this recipe to make other iced drinks, such as cold brew or latte.
Enjoy this little bit of ice-cold heaven!